English | 한국어 | Deutsch |



•    Look at the calendar and decide which day you would like to start your studies. Decide which program you would like to register for.


•    Send completed registration form to IH (read the IH Vancouver policy handbook)


•    IH checks availability of the course and if all admission criteria are fulfilled.


•    In case there is a minimum level required for the course, IH will ask for credentials to prove the level of English. If no sufficient credentials are available, IH may ask to complete the IH online test. If the test does not come up with a clear result or there are any doubts about the level, IH may conduct further assessment via a skype or telephone interview.


•    If the course can be confirmed, IH sends the invoice(s) and a confirmation email together with the student contract and a link to the IH policies. The student will be required to sign the contract and to return it to IH before the start of the course.


•    Pay the minimum down payment (registration fee and accommodation placement fee if applicable)


•    IH arranges extra services as required (accommodation, airport transfer, medical insurance) and sends out the details at least 21 days before the course starts but only after agreed payment has been received.




To avoid bank charges you can use Pay to Study to pay the fee in your own country by following the link to https://ihvancouver.paytostudy.com/en/studentregistration.aspx
Health insurance is extremely important for everyone to have when living in a foreign country. Medical care in Canada can be expensive without insurance. Therefore, IH Vancouver requires all students to have a medical plan. If students do not have medical insurance from their home country, it can be applied for through IH Vancouver at the time of registration.
IH Vancouver offers insurance through Guard Me International Insurance.
Before you register, please check the Canadian Visa requirements for your country at your nearest
Canadian Embassy/Consulate. In most cases, you will require a Study Permit for study terms of 6 months or longer.
Study Permits can take come time to be processed so you should allow for this time when you register. In order to obtain a Study Permit, you will need a Letter of Acceptance from us including a DLI number which you can find on the document. In some countries, you will also need proof of payment and a medical check-up before you are granted a Visa.
If you wish to extend your visa while in Canada, please speak to your advisor. If you don't want to do the application on your own we can put you in touch with a legal representative who can help you with the application (extra charges apply).  
If you wish to travel to the U.S.A. while you are here, we recommend that you apply for your U.S.
Travel Visa before coming to Canada. To obtain more information about visas and permits for Canada,
please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or consulate or view the Citizenship and Immigration
Canada website at www.cic.gc.ca.